Most businesses are not making the most of the £200 billion in potential spending power of disabled people. With the Louder than Words Charter, you’ll attract new customers, increase revenue, reduce staff turnover, demonstrate corporate social responsibility, meet your legal obligations and more.
To discuss an accreditation, call us on 0808 808 0123 or submit an initial enquiry form.
How to get accredited
Step 1 – Benchmark report
We look at the accessibility of your business to staff and customers with hearing loss and benchmark you against 10 key criteria. You’ll receive a report showing where you already demonstrate good practice, and an action plan for making improvements.
Step 2 – Apply recommendations
We provide continued support to help you apply the recommendations outlined in the action plan, within an agreed timeframe.
Step 3 – Audit and accreditation
At the end of the agreed timeframe, we carry out an audit to see if you meet our 10 key criteria. If you’re successful, we’ll award the Louder than Words Charter and you’ll join a growing number of organisations that are making hearing loss a priority.
We use the following quality standards to determine the accessibility of your business for people who are deaf or have hearing loss:
- Train staff to communicate with customers
- Have clear and visible deaf aware policies
- Provide clear information about your products and services
- Use appropriate equipment and maintain it correctly
- Create a good listening environment
- Produce and follow clear health and safety procedures
- Meet requests for communication support whenever requested
- Offer a range of contact methods and be comfortable using them
- Consult customers and staff with hearing loss
- Be open about your employment practices
It’s valid for one year. We invite you to undertake a self-audit annually, with an onsite audit in alternating years.
The Louder than Words accreditation process is tailored to your specific requirements, so charges vary. Please contact us for more details.
With more than 100 years’ experience, we’re the market leader in providing information and support to people with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss. Our expert team of consultants are here to help your organisation address its accessibility issues in order to deliver the best possible experience to employees and customers with hearing loss.