This course will teach your staff some basic signs to use with colleagues and customers whose first or preferred language is British Sign Language (BSL).
- Develop awareness of BSL
- Learn some basic signs to use straight away
- Give a taster so staff can see if they would like to learn more BSL.
- Recognise and apply basic grammatical structures in BSL
- Use appropriate greetings
- Say their job title/position in BSL
- Introduce themselves using fingerspelling confidently.
- Pre-course qualifications – None required.
- Course length – One hour, delivered remotely.
- Delegates – Ideally no more than 10 delegates per session to allow for interaction.
- Cost – £29 per person, ex VAT.
- Delivery – via Zoom
- Trainer – An experienced trainer, who is deaf or has hearing loss, will deliver the training. The trainer will not be supported by an interpreter so staff should be prepared to get started with BSL straight away.
- Format – Our trainers adopt a relaxed, friendly training style, and will use PowerPoint to deliver the course. Ideally delegates should ‘pin’ the trainer on their Zoom screen.
Find out more
For more information about our remote BSL taster course, call 0333 240 5658 or send an enquiry form.
Check the next dates available and book your places (via Eventbrite) below. This course can be booked exclusively for your business or you can join an open event with delegates from other organisations.