This training course will help your staff improve their communication skills and confidence when speaking to colleagues and customers who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Develop awareness of deafness and hearing loss
- Improve communication skills and confidence when speaking to colleagues and customers who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Identify situations where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers
- Identify solutions to improve accessibility
- Understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss
- Demonstrate a range of communication techniques with people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Introduction to the trainer and RNID
- Statistics on hearing loss
- Different levels of hearing loss and correct terminology
- Causes of hearing loss
- Communication barriers and solutions
- British Sign Language (BSL) and finger spelling.
- Pre-course qualifications – None required.
- Course length – 90 minutes, delivered remotely.
- Delegates – Ideally no more than 16 delegates per session to allow for interaction.
- Cost – £49 per person, ex VAT.
- Delivery – via Zoom
- An experienced trainer, who is deaf or has hearing loss, will deliver the training. We will provide the trainer with a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, where necessary.
- Our trainers adopt a relaxed, friendly training style, incorporating a variety of delivery methods, such as the use of PowerPoint presentations, practicals and Q&A sessions.
- All delegates receive an information pack and a certificate of attendance.
Find out more
For more information about our remote deaf awareness taster course, call 0333 240 5658 or send an enquiry form.
Check the next dates available and book your places (via Eventbrite) below. This course can be booked exclusively for your business or you can join an open event with delegates from other organisations.