Deaf Awareness Week, from 3 – 9 May 2021, aims to raise awareness and challenge perceptions of hearing loss and deafness across the UK. It’s a good time to consider if your business is accessible to the 1 in 5 people who are deaf or have hearing loss. With the number of people with age-related hearing loss set to rise, are you taking action?
During Deaf Awareness Week, our free RNID online seminar will be available every day from Monday 3 to Friday 7 May. It’s an opportunity to find out about the barriers faced by staff and customers who are deaf or have hearing loss, and the steps your business can take to overcome them. Each one-hour session can be booked exclusively for your business or you can join an open event with delegates from other organisations.
By attending the free seminar you will:
- learn about the UK statistics around deafness and hearing loss
- understand the impact of deafness and hearing loss on daily life
- recognise the obstacles faced by deaf staff
- identify the barriers faced by deaf customers
- discover how your business can overcome these obstacles and barriers.
“Very informative. I would recommend the course to all businesses as some of the changes you can make to improve the environment and experience for a deaf/hard of hearing person are so simple and don’t cost a thing to implement.”
Sarah Groves (Trustpilot)
Check availability and book places now >.