COVID-19 has radically changed the way we are working.
This has been caused by the closure of many workplaces, an increase in remote working, the introduction of social distancing and new safety measures at workplaces which have remained open or are beginning to re-open. These changes have created additional barriers for many disabled people, including those living with deafness and hearing loss.
Simple steps for employers
There are simple steps that employers can take to support staff with deafness and hearing loss through these changes. Our COVID-19 web pages below explain the barriers being created for people with hearing loss, how to overcome or mitigate the impact of these barriers, and the existing support that’s available.
- Hearing loss at work
- Employers’ Guide – supporting staff with hearing loss
- Communication tips when using face coverings
- Supporting staff with hearing loss affected by COVID-19 measures
- Access to Work grant
- Remote working during the COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-secure guidelines and hearing loss
- Products and services to make your business more accessible